Bell Yard is seeking a PR assistant/office manager on a part-time job-share basis, starting ASAP. The candidate will join a close-knit, friendly and busy team and will be exposed to a combination of administrative duties and exciting PR initiatives.
Bell Yard Communications is a small, respected PR firm in Central London focusing on litigation PR and PR for businesses in the legal sector.
Founded in 2002 by Melanie Riley, the agency built its name representing high-profile individuals and companies involved in a wide variety of disputes such as commercial, defamation, employment, family and marital as well as those facing criminal prosecution. Bell Yard has acted in many high-value claims involving well-known City banks and financial institutions. Its experience in litigation PR remains unparalleled in the UK. Its senior consultants are respected communications advisers to the legal community. Bell Yard is also known for its expertise in helping individuals facing extradition to the US, founding the Friends-Extradited campaign. Bell Yard is also co-founder of an international alliance of Crisis and Litigation Communicators (CLCA).
- Office management including phone duties, IT systems, filing, liaison with suppliers.
- Marketing responsibilities including ensuring marketing handouts and website are kept up-to-date, amending powerpoint presentations, organising occasional events, running the agency’s social media accounts.
- Client support including regular client reporting, media monitoring, media lists, taking incoming journalist enquiries, topic research, distribution of press announcements, arranging client meetings and press interviews etc.
- Organised, efficient and professional individual
- Must have maturity to take instruction, work sometimes unaided and flexibility to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail is important, as is high standard of English.
- Strong IT skills/social media know-how are imperative.
- Reliable, trustworthy, discreet and conscientious.
- Personality to fit into and support small, close-knit, busy team often working on demanding, high profile projects.
- Demonstrable interest in the media, PR trends and the legal market desirable.
- Hours: minimum 15 hours per week, ideally 8.30am-1.30pm Monday, Thursday and Friday (possibly extending into full days)
- Hourly rate: £18.50ph
- 2 references to be supplied on request.
Applications should take the form of a CV and cover letter outlining suitability and enthusiasm for the role to be addressed to Melanie Riley, Bell Yard Communications (Melanie@bell-yard.com). Closing date for applications: 9 September 2016.