Bell Yard Communications is a small, respected PR agency focusing on litigation PR and PR for businesses and individuals in the legal sector.
Founded in 2002 by Director, Melanie Riley, the agency built its name representing high-profile clients in times of civil dispute, criminal prosecution or regulatory investigation. These days, Bell Yard consultants are equally known and respected as communications advisers to the legal community, providing day-to-day strategic counsel to partners, law firms and chambers alike.
Bell Yard is also recognised for its expertise (often provided pro-bono) in helping individuals facing extradition to the US.
The agency is small, possessing a highly collegiate atmosphere, has a flat, non-hierarchical structure and a low turnover rate.
Bell Yard is seeking an experienced PR consultant to advise clients in the legal community on their communications programmes and sensitive reputational matters. Ideally a full-time position, 4 days per week would also be considered.
The chosen candidate will join a close-knit, friendly, supportive and busy team and will be exposed to a combination of challenging, but always interesting, assignments. The candidate will report to two existing senior team members, and ultimately, the Director. The candidate will support both senior consultants on their existing retained accounts, and work with the agency on securing new business opportunities. The candidate in turn will be supported by the office manager.
The role would be ideal for someone enjoying the challenge of a small but high-profile agency whilst looking to specialise in legal services communications.
• Client Management: implementing communications strategies and PR plans for clients seeking opportunities to raise their profile in international, broadcast, domestic, trade and social media environments. Daily engagement with clients ensuring continuous provision of professional, intelligent, considered and timely communications support.
• Client Administration: responsible for the provision of monthly and annual reporting of PR activity to clients as well as overseeing the management of press lists, and attending and reporting on client meetings and media interviews.
• Litigation PR Support: assisting the Director with litigation PR mandates as demand requires.
• Marketing responsibilities as part of the team, identifying creative subject matter for blogging on the company’s website, and exploiting that content via social media channels.
• New Business Development: working with colleagues to identify appropriate, targeted new business opportunities and to assist in the research in preparation for agency pitches to convert these potential opportunities into new clients.
• Business Networking: including regular engagement with, or attendance at events involving lawyers, barristers and intermediaries as well as with journalists key to the sectors in which our clients operate.
• Only assured, experienced, eloquent, organised, efficient and professional individuals, who would instantly inspire client confidence, need apply
• Prior experience in legal/professional services communications is a pre-requisite, a working understanding of the financial services industry is recommended
• Innate ‘news’ sense is a must, as is the tenacity and creativity to place stories -sometimes despite the most challenging of briefs
• Strong communications skills are expected in writing, presentation and editing
• Candidate must be a team player able to fit within the close-knit, down-to-earth and collaborative culture of our small agency
• Flexibility, reliability, self-motivation, discretion and trustworthiness are crucial
• Strong IT and social media skills are important
• A positive outlook and calm demeanour when under pressure is essential.
• Hours: Full time
• Start date: 1st September 2017
• Salary: Depending on experience
• 2 references to be supplied on request.
Applications submitted in confidence, should take the form of a CV and cover letter to be addressed to Melanie Riley, Bell Yard Communications (Melanie@bell-yard.com).
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2017