Bell Yard Communications is a small, respected PR agency which focuses on litigation PR and PR for businesses in the legal sector. Founded in 2002 by Director, Melanie Riley, the agency built its name representing high-profile clients in times of civil dispute, criminal prosecution or regulatory investigation. These days, Bell Yard consultants are also known and respected as communications advisers to the legal community. Bell Yard is recognised for its expertise (often provided pro-bono) in helping individuals facing extradition to the US. The agency is known for its collegiate atmosphere, has a flat, non-hierarchical structure and a very low turnover rate.
The Role: Bell Yard is seeking an experienced PR consultant to advise clients in the legal community on their communications programmes and sensitive reputational matters. The role is offered on a part-time basis. The chosen candidate will join a close-knit, friendly, supportive and busy team and will be exposed to a combination of challenging, but always interesting, assignments. The candidate will report to two existing senior team members, and ultimately, the Director. The role would be ideal for someone experienced looking to return to the job market, or for someone looking to improve their existing work/life balance by freeing up two days per week for outside interests.
- Client Management: creating communications strategies and implementing PR plans for clients seeking opportunities to raise their profile in international, broadcast, domestic, trade and social media environments. Daily engagement with clients ensuring continuous provision of professional, intelligent, considered and timely communications support.
- New Business Development: working with colleagues to identify appropriate, targeted new business opportunities and to draft and present pitches to convert these potential opportunities into new clients.
- Litigation PR Support: assisting the Director with litigation PR mandates as demand requires.
- Client Administration: overseeing the provision of monthly and annual reporting of PR activity to clients as well as overseeing the management of press lists, client meetings and media interviews.
- Marketing responsibilities as part of the team, identifying creative subject matter for blogging on the company’s website, and exploiting that content via social media channels.
- Business Networking: including regular engagement with, or attendance at, events involving lawyers, barristers and intermediaries as well as with journalists key to the sectors in which our clients operate.
- Only assured, experienced, eloquent, organised, efficient and professional individuals, who would instantly inspire client confidence, need apply
- Prior senior level experience in legal/professional services communications is a pre-requisite
- Innate ‘news sense’ is a must, as is the tenacity and creativity to place stories – sometimes despite the most challenging of briefs
- Strong communications skills are expected in writing, presentation and editing
- Candidate must be a team player able to fit within the closeknit, down-to-earth and collaborative culture of our small agency
- Flexibility, reliability, self-motivation, discretion and trustworthiness are crucial
- Strong IT skills are important
- A positive outlook and calm demeanour when under pressure is essential.
- Hours: minimum 3 days per week, including Thursday and Friday (with the third day subject to preference)
- Salary: Depending on experience
- 2 references to be supplied on request.
Applications submitted in confidence, should take the form of a CV and cover letter to be addressed to Melanie Riley, Bell Yard Communications (Melanie@bell-yard.com).
Closing date for applications: 14 October 2016.